2011 Young Women in Public Affairs Award Recipients
We are re-posting the official announcement of the Zonta International relative to the five winners of the 2011 Young Women in Public Affairs Award (YWPA) from the US, Switzerland, India, Ghana and my daughter Arizza from the Philippines. We wish to thank and congratulate Zonta International and the 1,200 Zonta clubs across 64 countries which helped in the screening and selection of the world winners.
We thank all the officials and members of Zonta International for "advancing the status of women worldwide." There is indeed hope in the youth of the world, judging from the accomplishments of the four other winners. We are happy yet humbled that Arizza is part of the group of global winners.
Thank you Lord!
- School staff swap classroom for the street
- God gave Creation to a family
- World Youth Day with the Claretians Madrid 2011
- Hollywood star says he prays and tries to go to church every day
- Missionary spirit means giving witness, not proselytizing, Pope Francis says
- Pope Francis addresses Kenya's leaders - Mungu abariki Kenya!
- What's with the youth?
- Pope starts tweeting as @pontifex, blesses followers
- Aimee Keate shares her experience of WYD in Madrid
- New Year's resolutions?