Hayes Encounter of Religious
CONFERENCE ON CONSECRATED LIFE
A two-day Conference on "The Future of Consecrated Life in the United Kingdom and Europe" was held in the parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Hayes, Middlesex on Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th May. Over 200 Religious men and women from the United Kingdom and Ireland attended.
The first day considered the future of Consecrated life and its mission in a secularised society and excellent contributions for thought and discussion were given by Fr. Timothy Radcliffe O.P. and Fr. Cristo Rey CMF. Other extremely valuable input was given by Sr. Gemma Simmonds CJ and Sr. Margaret Gallagher SSJA.
The second day centred on collaboration and re-structuring of Consecrated Life and the input for this was provided by Archbishop Joseph Tobin CSSR. Fr. Josep Abella CMF, Superior of the Claretian Missionaries, submitted an address as he was prevented from attending by illness. Outstanding contributions were also made by Bro. Benedict Foy FSC and Sr. Catherine Jones RA.
The Conference was organised in consultation with the Conference of Religious of England and Wales by Fr. Angel Ochagavia CMF of the Claretian Missionaries. A host of enthusiastic parishioners gave outstanding assistance in organising every aspect of the Conference, including the feeding of the multitude, and ensuring that the entire event ran without a hitch. The evaluation of the participants was very positive
The Conference is one of a series of events and celebrations marking the centenary of the arrival of the Claretiam Missionaries in Hayes in April 1912.
- Vatican cardinal criticises the way LCWR reform was handled
- ‘Life without tension would be boring’
- The future of women in the Church
- US nuns’ relief that the Vatican’s investigation fizzled out
- New Horizons in Consecrated Life
- Secularized societies, ageing religious affect Church in East Asia
- Does religious life have a future? Yes.
- Retreats - Seminars on Consecrated Life in Buckden
- The future of Consecrated Life in the UK and Europe
- Vatican's deputy official for religious to lead Indianapolis archdiocese