Taizé in Rome
The 35th European Youth Meeting sponsored by the Taizé Community begins on Friday, 28 December, in Rome. More than 40,000 youth are expected for the traditional “Pilgrimage of Trust on Earth” which will last for six days, marked by prayer, reflection and life shared with the families, parishes and religious communities of Rome and Lazio. The event will culminate in the meeting with Benedict XVI, scheduled for Saturday evening in St Peter's Square.
- Missionary spirit means giving witness, not proselytizing, Pope Francis says
- 2011 Young Women in Public Affairs Award Recipients
- Leading philosopher leads regional religious conference
- Aimee Keate shares her experience of WYD in Madrid
- Debate: Religion has a place in the 21st century.
- Sri Lankan mob storms meeting of disappeared Tamils' families
- Middle Eastern intolerance means Filipinos have to be careful about their faith
- The Revolution is Here
- Spanish swimmer dedicates Olympic medals to Virgin Mary
- Hollywood star says he prays and tries to go to church every day