The future of Consecrated Life in the UK and Europe
THE FUTURE OF RELIGIOUS LIFE IN EUROPE AND THE UNITED KINGDOM
This conference which took place in London last week had a remarkable and unprecedented reception and was organised by the Claretian Missionaries of the United Kingdom & Ireland. The event took place from May 29th-30th in the parish of The Immaculate Heart of Mary, Hayes, where they are also celebrating the centenary of the arrival in the United Kingdom of the first Claretian Missionaries.
These two days, which aroused an enthusiastic response from all its participants, were organized in collaboration with the Claretian Theological Institute of Religious Life and the catholic editorial of Claretian Publications, in colsultation with CoR (Conference of Religious of England and Wales)
Hundreds of people have been reunited during these two days of reflection on the Future of Religious Life in Europe and the United Kingdom.
Excellent organization, the cordial atmosphere of the meetings,and especially the high quality of its participants have been the key to its success. The conference was highlited by the wonderful speakers like Fr.Timothy Radcliffe O.P., Fr. Joseph Maria Abella CMF (Superior General) who at the last moment was not able to be present but his speech was read by Fr. Chris Newman, Fr. Jose Cristo Rey Garcia Paredes CMF (Professor of ITV Madrid) and Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin C.Ss.R. (Secretary General of CIVCSVA, Rome)
Claretian Publications hope to publish the conclusions drawn in these meetings, with both English and Spanish translations, in the very near future.
- Secularized societies, ageing religious affect Church in East Asia
- Vatican cardinal criticises the way LCWR reform was handled
- English sisters who saved Jews and deserting Germans
- Retreats - Seminars on Consecrated Life in Buckden
- New Horizons in Consecrated Life
- Vatican official's olive branch for US sisters
- Young want to be heard, invited, challenged
- Vatican's deputy official for religious to lead Indianapolis archdiocese
- With Pope Francis, it's prime time for Jesuits
- Pope tells sisters the church needs them, they need the church