“The Future of Consecrated Life in the United Kingdom and Europe.”
We are inviting all religious communities, to a two day conference on “The Future of Consecrated Life in the United Kingdom and Europe.” It will be held in Hayes, West London on the 29th and 30th of May, 2012.
|See Brochure pdf||Registration Form|
We are to share our hopes and also our fears; to discern what could be the plan of the God who chose us to be with him and work with him for the benefit of humanity.
As you can see in the attached brochure, we will be helped in our reflection by experienced speakers: Timothy Radcliffe OP, Cristo Rey García, CMF, Josep Abella, CMF and Archbishop Joseph William Tobin CSsR. There will be other minor speakers representing different female congregations and religious brothers too.
The Conference, in consultation with CoR of England and Wales, is being organised by the Claretian Missionaries, who maintain in different countries Institutes for Consecrated Life: like those in Rome, Madrid, Manila, Bangalore and the new ones in Argentina and Nigeria.
Hayes, the place for the Conference, is very accessible from London Paddington Train Station, from central London. It is close to Heathrow Airport and its Central Bus Station for those who are from outside London.
If you need accommodation for one or two nights, especially if you do not have community of your congregation in London, you can check online in nearby B&B, and hotels (there are plenty of them since Heathrow is so near). If you want us to help find accommodation, you can let us know when you send your Registration Form.
We would like you to register as soon as possible, no later than the 30th of March. This will help us to prepare better and make the Conference a success. Sharing now as brothers and sisters our present hopes and worries, our plans and ideas will help us to find out what could be God’s dream for the Future of the Consecrated Life in our country and continent.
- Vatican official's olive branch for US sisters
- Last Seminar of 2015 for Consecrated men and women.
- Young want to be heard, invited, challenged
- Religious life is like the wheel: people keep on reinventing it.
- Retreats - Seminars on Consecrated Life in Buckden
- Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) reform prompts Twitter duel
- Does religious life have a future? Yes.
- Church mourns death of popular nun in Meghalaya, North East India.
- Secularized societies, ageing religious affect Church in East Asia
- Record for the longest time living in cloistered life.